H2E2 aims to establish a network of qualified Hip Hop and urban cultural educators and provide resources, mentorship and support for teaching artists and industry professionals in partnering with public schools.
Overarching Program Goals:
- Establish a pipeline for aspiring teaching artists, advisory partners and hip hop professionals interested in becoming credentialed educators in CTE programs in the AME sector.
- Establish Hip Hop education AME programs that engage learners and equip them for post-secondary options and careers in creative industries.
- Develop teaching artists as industry partners, advisors & co-teachers for CTE programs.
- Develop and formalize student leadership opportunities through
Announcing the first state sponsored Hip Hop Education grant program!
Grant Requirements for Participating Schools:
- Establish partnerships with industry to provide Hip Hop master classes, residencies, and other work-based learning opportunities for AME students.
- Create and share Hip Hop education curriculum and professional learning opportunities for AME programs.
- Integrate formal student leadership opportunities with Hip Hop Congress Youth Chapters.
- Participate in AME community of practice meetings and provide resources and technical assistance around Hip Hop Education.
2021 Summer Institute
2021 Fall Symposium
The H2E2 core planning team
- Martha Diaz, Executive Director of the Hip Hop Education Center and Hip Hop CU
- Rahman J. McCreadie, Executive Director of Hip Hop Congress, Inc (HHC), and founder of Rap Force Academy
- Sebastien Elkouby, AME Hip Hop Educator at View Park Preparatory High School and author of Global Awareness Through Hip Hop Culture curriculum
- Allison Frenzel, California Dept. of Education
- Asia One, No Easy Props
- Dr. Delores Thomson, CTE Coordinator and broadcast teacher, Oakland School of the Arts
- Dr. Elliott Gann, Today’s Future Sound
- Mikle McBride, Director of Career Technical Education, Compton Unified School District
- Dr. Tina Wright, Urban Teachers Network
- Scetch, Academix